We’re all spending a lot of time at home these days–many businesses are closed, and many areas are still under some form of stay-at-home restriction. But just because you can’t get out to the salon or to Essentique doesn’t mean you can’t take care of your skin. One easy way to do so is with a fresh face mask, using ingredients you probably already have at home (or can get your hands on quite easily).
Here’s the recipe for one such mask:
- One sample pack of Vital Protein beauty collagen peptides. This dietary supplement is found in grocery stores and contains collagen peptides, hyaluronic acid and essential amino acids, making it great for skin hydration, elasticity, and support.
- One large tomato. Tomatoes are high in vitamin C, act as skin lighteners, and reduce open pores.
- Half of a banana. Bananas are excellent moisturizers and make the skin super soft.
- One tablespoon of raw manuka honey. Manuka honey is naturally soothing, nourishing damaged skin and speeding up healing processes.
- Half a teaspoon of avocado oil. Avocado oil relieves inflammation and can be used to treat acne.
- The contents of a couple of cracked-open vitamin D tablets.
Blend all of these ingredients together until you have a paste. Apply the paste to your face, and let it sit for 10-20 minutes. Rinse off with water and enjoy your glowing skin!